Monday 6 June 2011

I can! Do you?


Life is tough it is tough for the seeing and it is even tougher for the blind. In short, life is tough for everyone because life is full of unforeseen obstacles and adversities. However, every human being is born with a special gift to win over life’s battles. You have this gift. And I have this gift as well. One important lesson my parents taught have given us is the spirit to live to win. Never say die under any circumstances. As the going gets tough, the tough gets going. This is the legacy that I want to pass on to others.
One of the most important positive phrases we must all say to ourselves  is “I can”.  This phrase was in my heart and mind until the day I can’t do anymore. Meant die? I then started to say myself “I can’t” because I’m too weak. Ever since that day, I have to reassure myself that “I can” do many things even though I’m weak. 
Do you say to yourself “I can” in any new things that you attempt? Or do you say “I can’t”? Henry Ford said : “If you think you can do a thing  or you can’t do a thing, you’re right”.
We are often faced or caught in a situation of doubt. Actually, there are things that we can do but without thinking we just say “I can’t”. We are conditioned in such a way that it is easier to say “I can’t” than “I can”. Probably this is due to the nature of our society which does not promote the attitude of “I can”. We do not reward those who do it but instead we punish them by giving them more to do. We reward those who say “I can’t” by not giving them more to do.
In reassuring myself that I still can do many things in life such as speaking in English in front of my classmate even though  they don’t know what’s the meaning and can’t get what I’m saying to them but I forced myself to do it and say “I can”. Then I need to explain to my friends in Malay. Well I’m still learning English as my major language cause I want to learn more and more about it. I knew my grammar was horrible but I still want to learn. I realized that not everybody can speak in English even though they can do it. If we really want to do something, we can have the attitude of “I can”.
Begin to develop the attitude of “I can” and start to live a truly abundant life. There is no limit to what you can do. You can do almost anything if you have the attitude of “I can”. If I ask you whether you can speak in English very fluently and your answer is surely “I can’t”. Actually, you can. But how?
Firstly, you must flow away the belief that “I can’t” speak in English and what is the way to improve it. Secondly, find out how you can learn English and method to learn it fastest by understand the meaning and try to speaks with your family or close one. Thirdly, practice it every day and the more you practice the better you become. This is true for doing anything in life. If you have the attitude of “I can” then you will be able to accomplish many successes in your life.
When I think “I can” I’m all out to face the problems, obstacles, or difficulties in achieving my goals. I will develop solutions easily because of my positive attitude. However, when I think “I can’t” I’m negative and thus shut down the creative power of the mind to come out with solutions and that is when I focus on the problems, obstacles or difficulties and perceive them even bigger. So tell yourself  as many times as possible, “I can”, “I can”, “I can”! Until you truly believe that “you can”.
Hihi awesomeness! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment